Is that springtime we smell in the air? While it might be, there’s nothing quite like the joy and relaxation that comes with spa fragrances. When you add these spa-friendly scents to the already rejuvenating and relaxing water, you can experience a truly invigorating aromatherapy session.
In this article, we’re going to take a closer look at spa aromatherapy and the benefits it can offer, especially when combined with hot tub hydrotherapy. For more information, get in touch with the experts at Sundance Spas Kitchener.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a therapeutic technique that harnesses the power of scent. Certain scents or fragrances can spark or improve moods, trigger memories and even promote improved health and wellness. Traditional aromatherapy often utilizes pure essential oils to achieve these health benefits, although they can still be achieved through spa-friendly products.
The Benefits of Hot Tub Aromatherapy
Engaging in regular hot tub aromatherapy sessions can result in many health improvements – especially when combined with the power of hot tub hydrotherapy, which utilizes buoyancy, heat, and massage to offer emotional and physical health benefits.
Certain aromatherapy scents are known to trigger different benefits. For instance:
Peppermint or Tiger Balm
- Boosts energy levels
- Improves focus
- Enhances mental alertness
- Enhances mood
- Alleviates symptoms of congestion
- Aids in digestion
- Reduces symptoms of respiratory illness
- Fights migraines and headaches
- Eases aches and pains
- Enhances concentration
- Improves relaxation
- Reduces tension and stress
- Improves mood
- Relieves stress
- Improves sleep
- Improves mood
- Boosts concentration and focus
- Improves digestion
- Reduces headaches
- Enhances mood
- Reduces stress
- Soothes headaches
- Soothes nausea[i]
If you are considering bringing the power of aromatherapy to your hot tub to reap the health benefits, we suggest only using spa-friendly products. Products that aren’t made for the hot tub can cause water irregularities and even clog the filters, among other system disruptions. You can find spa-friendly aromatherapy products at your local hot tub store, including Sundance Spas Kitchener.
Your Guide to Sundance® Spas Aromatherapy Fragrances
- Pina Colada: Imagine tropical breezes blowing on the island of your dreams (Item #6473-154).
- Honey Mango: Indulge your senses with this perfect blend of nature’s nectars (Item #6473-153).
- Ylang-Ylang: Experience the magic of the Orient with a blend that calms the spirit while energizing the mind (Item #6473-155).
- French Lavender: Relax your body as you picture the flowering fields of Provence (Item #6472-216).
- Eucalyptus: Settle in while this deeply penetrating aroma works its magic on stiff and tired muscles (Item #6472-237).
- Tahitian Vanilla: Recall your favourite moments in bubbling comfort (Item #6472-238).
- Summer Rain: Unwind from the stresses of the day to enter a world of pure tranquillity (Item #6472-254).
- Midnight Jasmine: Evoke the first blush of romance with this rich and exotic aroma (Item #6472-210).
Sundance Spas Kitchener
The perfect aromatherapy experience begins and ends with a hot tub installation designed with you in mind. For the best hot tubs, hot tub chemicals, hot tub parts, backyard accessories, and everything in between, visit Sundance Spas Kitchener Waterloo today. We have everything from a wide range of Sundance® Spas hot tub models for sale, to hot tub maintenance services, and so much more. Give us a call or visit our Kitchener hot tub store today to begin.